Thank your body.
Whether you’re a competitive athlete or simply trying to loose a few lbs., fitness has probably been on your mind at some point this year. But rather than looking in the mirror and focusing on all the things your body is not or can’t do (“I wish my thighs were thinner” or “I’m not cut out for distance running” sound familiar?), why not use the holiday season as an excuse to focus on all the amazing things your body can do?
Thank your body for everything it does for you — from walking down the stairs to picking up your kids to running marathons. Make a list. Be specific.
Here’s Team Jasyoga’s:
- I’m grateful that my body can engage completely and relax completely — can go hard and fast, but also be soft and still.
- I’m grateful that my body managed to stay strong despite a bout of mono!
- I’m grateful that I have a healthy mind body and spirit.
- I’m grateful that I get to share yoga with people.
- I’m grateful to learn from those around me.
- I’m grateful that I know how to listen to my body.
- I am grateful for the individuals that have inspired me each day to strive and succeed towards reaching my goals.
- I’m grateful for yoga!